Connect with us

affilate software business

Politics

Trump rages after Bolton book reportedly claims president tied Ukraine aid to probes

Published

on


National security advisor, John Bolton, right, attends a meeting with President Donald Trump and President of Chile, Sebastian Piñera in the Oval Office of the White House on September 28, 2018 in Washington, DC.

Oliver Contreras | The Washington Post | Getty Images

President Donald Trump vented rage Monday on Twitter, denying his ex-national security advisor John Bolton’s reported claim that the president withheld military aid to Ukraine in order to secure investigation into his political opponents.

The New York Times reported Sunday that Bolton, in his upcoming book “The Room Where It Happened,” wrote that Trump personally tied a nearly $400 million aid package to Kyiv to an investigation of former Vice President Joe Biden and his son Hunter. CNBC has not seen a copy of Bolton’s manuscript.

But Trump flatly denied the account from Bolton, who left the White House in September amid a public dispute with the president over whether he resigned or was fired.

“I NEVER told John Bolton that the aid to Ukraine was tied to investigations into Democrats, including the Bidens,” Trump tweeted early Monday morning. “In fact, he never complained about this at the time of his very public termination.”

“If John Bolton said this, it was only to sell a book,” Trump claimed.

The Times’ report on Bolton’s book came amid Trump’s impeachment trial in the Senate.

Democratic House managers, led by House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., laid out their case last week for Trump’s conviction and removal from office on charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress, both related to his Ukraine dealings. Trump’s legal team began their defense on Saturday and are set Monday to continue arguing that the president did nothing wrong.

Bolton had been asked to testify during the House impeachment inquiry, but he refused to appear before the Democrat-led committees leading the impeachment investigation.He was not subpoenaed then; the House Intelligence panel said in a Nov. 7 statement that “we have no interest in allowing the Administration to play rope-a-dope with us in the courts for months.”

In early January, however, Bolton said that he would testify in the Senate trial if he was subpoenaed by the Senate.

Trump falsely tweeted Monday that “The Democrat controlled House never even asked John Bolton to testify.”

The Republican-majority Senate will vote on whether to include additional witnesses and documents after both sides have concluded their opening statements.

It’s unclear how likely the chamber is to approve that step; at the start of the trial, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., proposed amendments to the trial rules to issue subpoenas for key witnesses, including Bolton, but each was voted down.

“I think the timing of all of this is very very suspect” White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said in a Fox News interview earlier Monday. “We stand by exactly what we’ve been saying all along.”

Bolton’s attorney said in a statement Sunday that “It is clear, regrettably, from The New York Times article published today that the prepublication review process has been corrupted and that information has been disclosed by persons other than those properly involved in reviewing the manuscript.”

Trump, meanwhile, asserted in subsequent tweets Monday that the memorandum of his July 25 call with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskiy supported his position. Zelenskiy in that call was asked by Trump to “look into” the Bidens and a debunked conspiracy theory that Ukraine, not Russia, meddled in the 2016 election.

Trump also contrasted his administration with former President Barack Obama’s by noting that Zelenskiy’s government received lethal aid, and bought Javelin anti-tank missiles from the U.S.



Source

Politics

Weinstein’s N.Y. Trial Was Just the First. He Still Faces One in L.A.

Published

on

By


“I just couldn’t believe what was happening to me,” she testified. “I started realizing: I’m trapped.”

Ms. Young testified that Mr. Weinstein unzipped her dress — pulling it down, she said, despite her objections — and told her: “No, we are just going to have a talk here. How am I going to know if you can act?”

Mr. Weinstein, she said, started to masturbate, gripping and pinching her breast and squinting at her as she was pushed up against the sink. At some point, she said, he tried to touch her genitals. He ejaculated into a towel, she said, and then left the bathroom.

Ms. Young said that she told two friends about the attack, but that she did not report it to the police, adding that she feared Mr. Weinstein’s power.

Ms. Young said that she met with his assistant the next day to discuss opportunities in the entertainment industry, but that she ignored later calls from Mr. Weinstein and his company.

“I didn’t want anything to do with any of them,” she testified.

Dave Ring, a lawyer for the unidentified Italian actress, that the Los Angeles case would be less complicated than the New York case for a jury. The women, he said, did not maintain relationships with the producer after the episodes they have described.

In New York, the two main accusers — Miriam Haley, who said Mr. Weinstein had forcibly performing oral sex on her in 2006, and Jessica Mann, who said he raped her in a Midtown Manhattan hotel room in 2013 — continued to communicate with Mr. Weinstein and had sex with him after what they said were his attacks.



Source

Continue Reading

Politics

Namaste Trump: PM Modi With US President Reaches Sabarmati Ashram | ABP News

Published

on



President Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump reached Sabarmati Ashram for a brief stopover on their way to Motera Stadium from the Ahmedabad Airport. The first couple of US was accompanied by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during the visit. President Trump tried to spin Charkha during his visit to the Ashram. Trump along with his wife signed visitors book and thanked his friend PM Modi for the visit.

#NamasteTrump #PMModi #SabarmatiAshram

To Subscribe our YouTube channel here:

Download ABP App for Apple:
Download ABP App for Android:

About Channel:
ABP News is a news hub which provides you with the comprehensive up-to-date news coverage from all over India and World. Get the latest top stories, current affairs, sports, business, entertainment, politics, astrology, spirituality, and many more here only on ABP News.
ABP News is a popular Hindi News Channel made its debut as STAR News in March 2004 and was rebranded to ABP News from 1st June 2012.

The vision of the channel is ‘Aapko Rakhe Aagey’ -the promise of keeping each individual ahead and informed. ABP News is best defined as a responsible channel with a fair and balanced approach that combines prompt reporting with insightful analysis of news and current affairs.

ABP News maintains the repute of being a people’s channel. Its cutting-edge formats, state-of-the-art newsrooms commands the attention of 48 million Indians weekly.

Watch Live on
ABP Hindi:
ABP English:

Social Media Handles:
Instagram:
Facebook ABP News (English):
Facebook:
Twitter:

Source

Continue Reading

Politics

Plácido Domingo Had ‘Inappropriate Activity’ With Women, Union Finds

Published

on

By


The opera superstar Plácido Domingo, whose five-decade American career was sidelined last year by allegations of sexual misconduct, “engaged in inappropriate activity, ranging from flirtation to sexual advances, in and outside of the workplace,” an investigation by a performers’ union found.

The release on Tuesday of the findings of the union, the American Guild of Musical Artists, prompted Mr. Domingo, 79, a famed tenor who held leadership positions at the Los Angeles Opera and the Washington National Opera, to issue his fullest apology yet.

“I have taken time over the last several months to reflect on the allegations that various colleagues of mine have made against me,” Mr. Domingo said in a statement. “I respect that these women finally felt comfortable enough to speak out, and I want them to know that I am truly sorry for the hurt that I caused them.”

“I accept full responsibility for my actions, and I have grown from this experience,” he continued. “I understand now that some women may have feared expressing themselves honestly because of a concern that their careers would be adversely affected if they did so. While that was never my intention, no one should ever be made to feel that way.”

The Los Angeles Opera, which Mr. Domingo helped found, and led until he stepped down last year, is still conducting its own investigation.



Source

Continue Reading

Trending

//onemboaran.com/afu.php?zoneid=2954224
We use cookies to best represent our site. By continuing to use this site, you agree to the use of cookies.
Yes